Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving


When I read the Scripture in Matthew 24:12; “Because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will grow cold” (NAS).
I see lawlessness every day, in every aspect of life. No longer do people take responsible for their behavior, poor choices, or bad decisions.  It’s always somebody else’s fault. Someone else will pay for my failure. 
I am thankful for all the usual things, my family, the Lord’s grace and mercy. But I am most thankful for “TIME”.
Time….. God has given us to keep praying for our children and our loved ones who are not yet saved.
Time…..For God to WOOO my children and grandchildren, and bring them close to Him so they will fall passionately in love with the Kingdom of God and His Word.
Time…..For my children to turn their backs on this world, and turn to the world everlasting where righteousness dwells.
Time…..For my children to hone their skills and talent to make their dreams come true. Not wasting valuable time paying for poor choices and bad decisions.
Time…..To have the Lord work out His perfect will in my life, and my family’s life.
It is stated so clearly in 2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slow about  His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient towards you not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.” (NAS)
Nothing we build on this earth will matter if our names our not written in the Lambs Book of Life.  So I say to you dear friends and family, “TIME” IS A GREAT GIFT TO BE THANKFUL FOR, but remember our ”TIME” will soon be up.
Lord you are gracious and slow to anger, but soon you will call us to account.  May we be found in you.  In Jesus name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment