Monday, October 26, 2009

Paradise Recaptured

   Since the fall of Adam, man has always tried to recapture paradise.  After Christ’s death we reclaimed paradise, but not on earth, in heaven.  Jesus said, "In His Father’s house there are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am you may be also.  John 14:2-3. (NKJV)

     Those antagonistic to anything Godly, believe they can legislate paradise, or as they call it “Utopia”.  Unregenerate man has no clue. For some who do not believe in God, think they are god.  Look at the “New Age” movement, and Shirley MacLain in particular.

     There are those who are angry with God, having the mistaken belief that: God caused all their woes, and NOT their own actions, or poor decisions.  They blame God for all the consequences they have heaped upon themselves, and use the excuse that, a loving God would never let this happen to them.

     This kind of thinking has lead an entire culture, and government, to not taking responsibility for their actions.  It’s always somebody else’s fault for my bad decisions, and choices.

     Here on earth, there will always be those who reject God, and His word, and will fight fiercely to purge God form our society.  In addition to those who believe that they have no need  for the saving power, and forgiveness of God.

     The Bible states it clearly in Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge:  Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children. (NKJV)

     Lord, today as we come before you in prayer, I pray for those who do not know You. I ask for a great awakening of the Holy Spirit to blow through our land.  Let those who once cursed Your name, will praise Your name, in Jesus name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment